Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Family Update

It's been a busy time around our house. We spent Christmas here at home with Scotty's mom, Barbara. Then we drove to Idaho to visit my family. We took Cross Country Skiing Lessons (Scotty and I, my sister Mirriam, Brothers Aaron and Josh and Sister in Law, Michelle), Caitlin joined us the second time and did very well. Scotty, Aaron, Josh and Michelle also went snowboarding.

January for us was mostly about fighting illness. February is more of the same. Jared celebrated his seventh birthday. We had a friend over for a playdate, and then went to Fudruckers for dinner (Jared's pick). He had a Pokemon party a few weeks later. Scotty also had a birthday and he and I went out for dinner and a movie.

Jared and I have had 2 sinus infections since 2008. We also got the influenza virus. I have had fevers, chills and body aches for a week now. We also had two trips to the ER. I was trying to get the pit out of an avocado and the knife slipped, stabbing myself in the palm. I had stitches and was unable to use my hand for 10 days due to the swelling an pain. It has finally healed. Scotty had a much more serious accident when a large container of near boiling water broke in his lap and he had to spend a week in the Burn Unit of a local hospital. He is home now and walking around. He's working from home this week but, will most likely return to work on Monday or Tuesday. My dad flew down to help me out and that has been a blessing. When Scotty's accident occured I still had the stitches in my hand and Jared came down with the influenza followed by me. Dad's been a blessing helping me with the kids and housework. He even cleaned out my oven and has been helping Caitlin with her science fair project.

So, that's an update on our lives. Crazy and hectic.

 

 

Birthday Party for Jared
 

Finally got the photos up on the wall, a project that took me 18 months to tackle.
 

Valentine's Day. Visiting Daddy in the hospital.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! What a rough year so far! I'm so sorry! I'm glad Dad could come and help out. I can imagine what a huge blessing that was. I'm glad you and Scotty and doing better.

I love your wall of pictures! I want to do that but I'm not sure where to do it at! Right now I'm thing the laundry room, and maybe in the bonus room. I love that picture of Jared and Josh! It's so cute! And your so sweet to have that picture od Autumn! I love how you turned it black and white. I may have to do that on a digi scrap page. I've been doing a bunch of those lately. I've put them on my blog if you want to see them.

Valerie Chandler said...

I've really missed you, Jenny.

I'm so sorry that the reasons that you have been missing are so icky. Oh, I hope you ALL are on the mend.

Love to you--

Wendy M said...

Wow! Life has been busy for you guys. I'm glad you're doing a bit better. The flu has been bad this year, nearly everyone has had it at least once! I even got it for the first time in about 7 yrs! Glad Scotty's okay...burns are rough. Hope to see you sometime this year!